Antonio Ricciardi was born in San Giovanni Rotondo (Foggia, Italy), on 1982.
He received a B.S. and M.S. in electrical engineering, both from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy, in 2004 and 2006 respectively. Since 2008 he has been pursuing a Ph.D. degree in electronics and telecommunications engineering in the ICT Doctorate School of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia - Topic: "Ultra low power integrated RF transceivers" - advisor Prof. Mattia Borgarino.
Part of his work has been carried out in cooperation with eWings srl, a design center located near Bologna, Italy.
By the end of 2009, he joined Prof. PARRA's Group at the LAAS, a CNRS laboratory located in Toulouse, France.
His main research field is the design of uWave and mmWave CMOS/SiGe HBT transciver having in mind particular care for industrial applications.
Major projects in which he is committed:
- An UWB direct down-converter for automotive applications in W-band (eg. Short Range Radar)
- An high-performance ground station receiver for GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System)
- An UWB low-power transmitter for a sensor node network compliant to FCC/ETSI regulamentations
- A Diagnostic Tool for detections of fault conditions on the Italian Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS)
- Medical hearing aids for low-cost applications
A. Ricciardi “A Digital VGA in High-Performance Receiver for GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) Ground Stations” 13th IEEJ International Analog VLSI Workshop, Pavia, Italy, September 2010
D. Morigi, L. Tondi, L. Masini, A. Ricciardi, V. Avantaggiati “Low-Power Transmitter for UWB Impulse Radio” European Wireless Technology Conference (EuMW), Rome, Italy, September 2009
C.Azzolini, A.Ricciardi, A.Boni ”Very Low Cost CMOS Audio Amplifier for 1-V Applications” 3rd IEEE International Conference on Design & Technology of Integrated Systems in Nanoscale Era (IEEE DTIS’08), Tozer, Tunisia, March 2008
DII - Information Engineering Department
Via Vignolese 905
41125 Modena - Italy
Phone1: 0039 052 252 2091
Phone2: 0039 059 205 6170