Ing. Matteo Fiorani
File:Example.jpg== Ing. Matteo Fiorani ==
Matteo Fiorani received the M.S. degree in telecommunications engineering from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy, in 2010. From January to May 2010 he was with the Institute of Broadband Communications, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria, working on his M.S. thesis. Since January 2011 he is pursuing a Ph.D in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) at the Department of Information Engineering, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Department of Information Engineering, via Vignolese 905, 41125 Modena (MO), Italy
His research interests include:
1) Hybrid Optical Switching (HOS)
2) Power consumption in optical networks
3) Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON)
1) M. Fiorani, M. Casoni, S. Aleksic, "Performance and Power Consumption Analysis of a Hybrid Optical Core Node", OSA/IEEE Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, Vol.3 , Issue 6, pp. 502-513, June 2011.
2) M.Fiorani, M. Casoni, W. Cerroni, "Transport Layer Performance of Hybrid Networks Combining Multiple EPONs and OBS", Proc. of 18th IEEE LANMAN Workshop, October 13-14, 2011, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A.
1) Presentation at LANMAN, 13 October 2011, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. Media:LANMAN_2011.pdf